Monday, July 6, 2009

'My best friends wedding'......



It's bitter sweet when your best friend or your sister gets married. You are happy for them and wish them nothing but happiness. But sometimes, when it is someone you are really close to, it's almost sad as you have a small fear somewhere down deep that you are losing them. It's selfish I know, but both times I stood up with my best friends as their Maid of Honor and gave them over to their new 'best friend' I felt a twinge of sadness. And I cannot imagine what that feeling must feel like when it is your daughter or your son that you give away. It makes me tear up to think of it... of the bitter sweetness of letting go. I know that Bridget and Jay are one. They have been for a while now, before the formality of this ceremony- they complete each other, compliment each other, and sometimes drive each other crazy... and so I know it is right and true. I am so happy that she has found that in her life- not everyone does, few are so lucky to have two best friends and be married to one of them! So congratulations you two! I wish you a lifetime of staying power and love as life comes at you full speed- it's not always happy, not always easy, and not always loving- but in the end it's always worth it!!
Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day, along with Hailey and Hayden. It was an honor to stand beside you as you pledged your life to your new best friend!! :)

Love,
Teresa

2 comments:

TeresaG said...

She is beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

I agree...she is beatiful!