Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our Hailey Faith



Would you just look at my little girl growing up right before our eyes? She is going to be three years old in less than a month. And she informed me tonight as we were taking these pictures- instead of being in bed (where all other reasonable mothers and toddlers were) that she was going to be 8 on her birthday!! There you have it,out of the mouths of babes... she is two going on eight!!

One reason she is the picture of the day today, is that along with her birthday next month comes her surgery next month. And I would like to ask all of you faithful to the blog and faithful to our Lord, to please lift her up in prayer over this next couple of months. Her surgery and recovery looming ahead of us could be a fairly difficult time, especially in light of the most recent ER trip that traumatized her. Only to be followed by a horendous blood draw a few days later. It started out bad- she cried at the doctors office just to get weighed and measured, which is not normal for her. Then after the doctor checked her out and ordered xrays and blood work, I had to hold her in my lap and try to keep her still as they stuck her not once but twice, the whole time she was kicking and thrashing, crying and screaming.... it was a really bad ordeal. Especially knowing that I am holding her down as they are hurting her, and she is looking at me with terror in her eyes wondering why I am not helping her... So please pray for her as we try to prepare her for what is sure to be more scary doctors, more pain, and longer hospital stay. I just pray that God would give her peace, his supernatural peace, and courage, and understanding (as much as any three year old can have) about what is going to happen and that she is safe though it might be painful, and uncomfortable- it will ultimately bring healing and better quality of life for her. Thank you for your prayers. The day is fast approaching, and I do not really know how to prepare, and so I pray.

Thank you and God Bless,
Teresa

No comments: