Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One week down... five to go

Well, it's been a week since surgery, and since we got home. And I would say things are going well. Hailey has adusted remarkably well to the brace, the only thing that presents a problem is finding shirts/dresses that will fit over it and blacking her little brothers eye. He is just the right height to be level with the elbow hinge and he has gotten it pretty good a couple of times!




This morning I brought out the Cottage play house Hailey got for her birthday and we played house. I set up a grocery store in her room with all her play food lined up and she then got her purse and her walmart shopping cart and went grocery shopping while Hayden and I cleaned the (play)house and awaited her return. I was teaching Hayden how to take care of the baby... shhhh- don't tell his daddy. He was so sweet, holding the baby, and putting it to bed, and giving it a kiss...Ahhhhh. Then after Hailey got home with her grocery store bounty she set it all up on the table and made us some coffee. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I don't like coffe, after all its just pretend, but I did have her put extra sugar and extra cream. (I should be pretty awake right now cause I think she made me drink like five cups!!!) So then I put the baby in the walmart cart and had Hayden take the baby to the store- he was so cute pushing the baby around in the cart! I am training him for his future wife- to take care of the kids and do some grocery shopping. :~)






There is sooooo much work I need to be doing this morning. I have pictures to proof, and my house is a mess... but I took a break, and played. Do I feel guilty for not being on task and letting things go? Of course I do. But do I feel guily everyday when my babies want to play and want to snuggle and I have to put them off until later, later, later because mommy has so much work to do- ABSOLUTELY!! And you know what really matters? not that my house was always clean, the laundry always done and put away, or that I had the fastest picture turn around- but that my children have memories of mommy sitting in their rooms playing, going on picnics, playing house and dress up and teaching them how to make pretend coffee- heavy on the cream and sugar!







So, that's how things have been going around here... oh, and that I have been in terrible pain with a wisdom tooth coming in... why are they called wisdom teeth anyway? I think they should be called torture and agony teeth! And one last tid bit- my studio/basement flooded yesterday! Yep it flooded. Still haven't calculated the damage completely as I have been playing this morning, but all equipment was off the floor and out of harms way as far as lights and suff goes. The biggest casualty was my backdrops- both my seamless paper and my new muslin were soaked :~( Oh, and last but surely not least on my sad list at the bottom of this post... the kitten we tried to save from certain death last Saturday died this morning.... we tried... Hailey loved that little kitty... not sure how to explain death to a three year old, but I'm going to have to figure it out because she is relentless with questions!

2 comments:

TeresaG said...

Thank you very much, I was having new picture withdrawl. Love you Mom

ktweety said...

I am glad everything is going so well. you have been in my thoughts and prayers--kristie