Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Made it home, and on the mend...











As most of you know, Hailey's surgery was this last Monday. We stayed at the Ronald McDonald house Sunday night and was up and at Childrens' Mercy by 6am. She went into surgery at 8am... the procedure took about an hour and fourty five minutes, and all went well. There were no complications, no problems. When she woke up she wanted me immediatley- so I ended up in bed with her... and I spent much of the time we were there (when she was awake) in the bed next to her. At one point last night she rolled over and had her brace resting on my face... at that point I retreated to my own sleeping spot. You can see about one third of the abduction brace in these pictures. I will post another later that will show you the full thing. She will wear it 24/7 for 6 weeks with no taking it off, no getting it wet. She is tolerating it pretty well for the most part. At times she says it hurts, it's too tight, it's not going to work. But we then explain to her again that it has to stay on. Zack and I think she will adjust pretty well, once she gets over being whiney about it :) She has been pretty cranky, but other than that she has done very well. She hasn't experience much pain really- which is good. And didn't seem to have alot of fear and anxiety about the surgery either before or after. Just a little bit of Diva attitude (and a little bit of that goes a LONG way with me!) So, I wanted to say thank you to all who had her in your thoughts and prayers over the last few days! You are much appreciated and we love you! God was faithful to answer us- she had peace, she was not afraid, the surgery went perfect, and she has seemed to tolerate the brace fairly well. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we try to survive the next six weeks in the brace without any ER trips for Hayden (that thing is a weapon!!) and that she will adjust well to being immobilized and completely uncomfortable!

More to come later. I have to get to work now that I am home- there are orders to place, and pictures to proof, and flyers to create....


TeReSa

1 comment:

TeresaG said...

When her surgical nurse said "she was the boss", you will get to remind her, she is home now and no longer the boss. Good luck with that.