Thursday, January 21, 2010

'Mommy and Me'

Every day I watch in awe
I watch your little face change
Subtle little differences,
but differences just the same.

Frozen in time
in pictures on these walls
seems just days ago
you were so innocent... so small

It's too often sad
how those moments fade
I have the pictures to remind me
but I so miss those days...

days when you fit in my arms
days when you kicked under my ribs
nights of rocking you to sleep
...so much that I miss

those tiny little toes..
the smell of your hair..
"mommy and me"
yes, we were quite a pair

I will miss who you were
though I truly love you more everyday.
you will always be my baby
no matter what you might say

Chubby little arms and legs
soft milky cheeks
eyes like clear blue crystals
tiny baby feet

Yes... I will miss you-
miss the way it was.
One day you will understand
when you watch your own child grow up.


Teresa Wright
2003

No comments: