Thursday, August 27, 2009

Is anybody out there?

The real question is: Is anybody in here? Well, yes I am still here... Have you been thinking that I might never be coming back to the blog world? ... I kinda was. Things have been busy around here and I don't even know where to start...how bout here:

Hailey started preschool!! She is on her second week now. Here is a picture of her on her first day...



And of course little brother Hayden had to tag along to big sisters first day of school, backpack and all. I think he would have been quite content to stay there! But I explained that his time would come...




..and then I scooped him up and hurried to the van with tears in my eyes as my baby girl started her first day of school... and when we got home I snuggled Hayden extra close, knowing that he would be not very far behind her....






Ok... what else has been keeping me away? ... Job hunting! And guess what? I finally got one!!! YAY! Praise Jesus on that one! I will start working at a law firm in Parsons next week and I am pretty darn excited! I am nervous too of course, I have been home with the kiddos for three and a half years now and handing over their care to someone else is a bit nerve racking, but for the best interests of our family as a whole it is necessary for me to go back to work and start contributing to our finances (or lack thereof! :) But as always, God has been faithful to us through this process of ups and downs, he has always provided for our needs.

So, what does full time work mean for Wright Photography you might ask? It just means that scheduling will have to be a little different and more limited sessions. I will start scheduling mostly weekend sessions, which means they might fill up quickly as people start to think of getting in to get Holiday pictures and Christmas cards done. I will try to keep you posted on when things start to fill up so that you can make sure to get in for your family portraits or milestone sessions. I will be getting holiday pricing and specials together soon and you'll see it here first of course!!

Oh, that reminds me.... Studio flooded... again! Yes, I know, that's just what happens when you use your basement and you get five inches of rain in one night!! But I really thought we had the problem fixed after last time... guess not! So, everything is in disorder, I got most of the things off the floor, so nothing was ruined.... This weekend I have to get down there and mop and put everything back together and in it's place... fun fun... :~)

Since I am going back to work, I am going to miss my bible study and dear bible study friends! But, I have found an alternative: A book club!! I know, I know, who has time for a book club right?! Well, you do!! And I do!! We just need to make time for it! If you look on the right sidebar of my blog you will see a button that will take you to Bring The Rain, Angi Smith is it's author and I JUST LOVE HER! She is so in love with Jesus and is a true testimony of how God can use your heartache and despair to bring Him glory and bring people to know Him. Anyway, she is starting a book club, the first book is called Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a relentless God By Francis Chan. It officially starts on September 13th, (which gives both you and I plenty of time to get the book!)... if you want to know more about it just click over there -> on her button and join in on the fun! I have already read the first chapter through Amazon.com and I cannot wait to read more! It is exactly what I need right now. I have been, in my study time, consentrating on learning more of who God is as I try to draw closer in my relationship with him. I was put on this earth to I love him (more), and you love someone more by knowing them more intimately. So, I am very excited to get started with this book!! I have heard that you will never be the same after reading it, and that is EXACTLY what I am looking for!! Never being the same! I need that!!! I am sure I'll be talking about it here again once I start reading... so look for my Crazy Love posts!!

Well... I think that might be all I have for tonight. Sorry, I don't have any sneak peeks because I haven't had a session in the last week or so... but so I don't disappoint those that came here looking for pictures... I will leave you with one of Hailey from a while back when I let her play in my new petti skirt!!



Have a great weekend everybody!! And go pick up that book!! :))

Blessings,
TeReSa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Well first off...Those are the best pics of Hailey and Hayden! I cannot believe that she is old enough to go to school that is just too CRAZY!!!! CONGRATS on the job I am proud of you and so glad you got it! I will praying that all goes well and the transition goes GREAT! Love ya lots! God Bless!