Monday, February 9, 2009

For his glory...

Good Monday Morning!

I have made it through the valley of the shadow of what I was sure was going to be my death last week! It was touch and go for a couple of days, but I am much better, as are both Hayden and Hailey. Thank you for your prayers for a speedy recovery!

So.. what's new you ask? Music! What do you think of it? It is my favorite song and I have been dying to share it with you all! This song just gets me. Just the other night I was on my way home listening to it in the car with my eyes closed, mouth open singing his praises! One hand on the wheel and one hand in the air... yeah, watch out when I get to having church in the car!! :~) I think it is so beautifully sung, and it gives me such hope as I face my day to day life- knowing that one day soon my savior will come, and will save his children from this sick and dying earth!
Just picture it with me for a minute... every knee falls down before him, every hand raised, every head bows... and seeing his face... oh, to finally see the face of my Father; my redeemer, my comforter, my provider, my healer, my teacher, my precious Jesus coming to take us home. It brings tears to my eyes, and a yearning in my heart to think of all pain, death, illness, and all evil to be overcome and defeated.
But it is so easy in my day to day life to forget. I get bogged down with the struggles of the day, and let it dim my light and put a question mark where an exlamation point used to be. I need reminding...There is a happy ending!! There is hope! There is a heaven, he is preparing it for us now!! No matter what situation I face today, tomorrow or next week, I am reminded that he is in control, and as I seek to live my life for him and fulfill his will for me, he guides my steps, protects me and covers me with his grace and mercy through it all. When I am weary, he carries me, when I am broken, he holds the peices of my heart together, when I am scared he gives me comfort as he whispers... "Be still my child... and know that I am God." and there are times that is all I need to know, when I don't understand anything else in my life, in my world, just know he is God. And trust him wholly. As I study his word and learn more of who he is, I learn more of how undeserving I am to be called his. How unworthy I am of his love, his forgiveness. Yet I have it. How sweet is Grace on the lips of a sinner...

So, if on this Monday morning, if you are weary, if you are down trodden and feeling defeated, I just want to share with you a little bit of my hope, (in Him), a little bit of my joy (from Him), and cover you in Christ's love, through me, but from Him! Start your day out with a 'Monday Morning Mercy Meeting' which may consist of you hitting your knees and crying out for mercy... or let it sit til the end of the week and maybe you'll be ready for a 'Finally Friday, and needing the Father' kind of meeting... just meet him. Wherever you are, he will meet you there. He loves you there. Just as you are as you sit there. Just as I am as I sit here.... what love, what awsome, unconditional love that forgives, restores, heals, empowers, redeems...

I pray for you to have a blessed week!
Teresa

No comments: