Monday, October 13, 2008

Way beyond WHY...



Alright so I know that two year olds and even three year olds go through the WHY stage where they ask WHY about everything. We have been there for a while now. I must admit it started before I expected it to, but I did my best most of the time to answer her why's.. thinking it my job as her mother to answer all her questions about life and the world around her....(give me a break- she's my first child and I have a tendency to be a bit idealistic) :~) But then there comes a point when you just have to resign to saying 'Because'... or 'I don't know why' or somedays it's "Just because!! I don't know why it just is!!" So then she starts asking WHY CAUSE? as if to start out ahead the game and asking in two year old language 'Because why?' so that I cannot even say 'Because' anymore as an answer.... so anyway on to my point... it has morphed into even more than that.... she has started with 'What you doing?' and I answer... and then 'What you doing?' again, or WHY? or the other new favorite W word- WHAT? You give her an answer to one of her other questions and she will ask you WHAT? as if she didn't hear you or didn't understand and wants you to repeat yourself, but I know it is just to give her time to come up with her next W question while keeping you engaged in the conversation until she comes up with her next one... Yeah I am about to have a meltdown and pull out the duct tape... it is constant... all day - WHY?, WHY CAUSE?, WHAT YOU DOING?, WHAT? WHY? Oh yeah... mommy needs a time out!! And in between the W questions is the favorite W of all.....WHINNING..... oh my, oh my, oh my please pray for me to have the strength to continue to be a loving mommy who does not pull out duct tape or put her in the corner for asking questions!! :~) Gotta love the two's!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Gotta love the 2's!!